How to Solve a Print Head Error on Canon Printer?
When the light indicated print head error on the machine, then the prints you get are of not good output. To rectify this issue, you need to perform some steps.
The steps are as follows:
- Verify the Alarm/Power light and count the number of time it’s blinking to verify if there is a print head error.
- Open the front cover of the machine and allow the cartridges to center.
- Take out all the ink tanks.
- Detach the print head with the blue lever and re-seat it.
- Put the ink tanks back on their place and close the cover.
- Turn off the Canon machine and then turn it on again.
- Now, take a test print to check the print quality is acceptable and that the ink is ejecting enough from the nozzles.
- Push the Resume/Cancel button.
- Look the power lamp if it flashes twice.
- Release the button and wait for the test page to print.
- Take a look at the result.
- If the result is not good or unacceptable then do deep cleaning of the machine.
- Enter the printer properties on the computer.
- Go to Maintenance tab from the dialog box.
- Select Deep Cleaning and then click Execute option.
- Do the same process twice if necessary.
- Replace the ink cartridge if getting undesired results.
- To solve this error, open the lid of the machine and allow the print head to center.
- Withdraw the ink cartridge and insert a new one into the machine.
- Close the lid and allow the printer to reset itself.
It is recommended to print few pages in both black and color at least once per week in order to prevent clogging and the continuation of ink flowing. If the machine head nozzles are blocked, then you need to dissolve the dried ink. It is also advised to conduct regular maintenance of your Canon Printer to prevent it from developing clogged print heads. Mostly this is caused when the ink dries out. So, avoid the machine with an empty cartridge. You can add few drops of water for humidity in the print head.
- Cover the machine with a cloth to avoid setting of dust and debris on it which results in preventing from clogging of printer heads.
- Buy a cleaning kit and use it to clean the machine. You can remove dried ink easily with the tool kit.
To contact an expert when you don’t have an idea to deal with the situation is always a good idea. Performing some wrong actions on the machine may increase the problem. So, make a toll free call at Canon Printer Technical Support UK to get the expert advice for your problems. We provide the support for the customers, who confront technical glitches with their printers. We help in uninstalltion, programming or fitting, establishment, alignment issues, connectivity issue and many more. You can easily get in touch with us by making a single call.